I'm having a lot of fun brainstorming the little details of our wedding. I think if leases and the logistics of our lives weren't playing such a key role in the timing of the wedding, I would want to be a summer bride. Summer is such a joyful time marked by a sense of freedom and connection with the outdoors. But, I'm finding the joy in autumn, too. October is a magical month when people start to hunker down in the comfort of soft lights and warm blankets. While spring and summer have the flowers to boast over, autumn is certainly blushing with pride over its' foliage. And October's holiday is ode to my favorite color: orange. What could be better?

I love the idea of a bouquet made of orange ranunculus, but those are tough to come by in October. This lovely design is from Rose Now flower boutique in San Francisco.

I have a massive craft-crush on Rebecca Thuss, Martha Stewart Weddings' Creative Director. Her website is chock-full of party-planning ideas that inspire amateurs and professionals alike. I'm digging her idea of an outdoor Hors D'Oeuvres Buffet.