On Sunday, my dear and very talented friend, Jenny, invited N and I over to listen to the music she is preparing for our wedding. I was overwhelmed by not only the beauty of her voice and the songs she created, but also by the approaching reality of merging lives with N. (Note - overwhelmed in a good way.)

Throughout this journey, I have been so moved by the kindness and generosity of others. Before the process began, I thought showers and registries were silly and I was hesitant to participate. But, now I understand how important it is to feel the support of loved ones. Whether that support comes in the form of a household present that when used will remind you of the giver or the composition of a special and unique instrumental for the candle lighting ceremony, each contribution is deeply touching and valuable.

This week I'll share some hostess gift ideas for thanking the givers/celebrants in your life!