Bedroom at a friend's home.

We spend so much of our lives in bed - it's important to find ways to make a bedroom a peaceful & nurturing escape. Here are some sleeping quarters that inspire me:

Designed by Barrie Benson, I love the texture and layers of this room:

I like the idea of making a guest bedroom feel magical in some way and I think this one does the trick:

You would be lucky to share a room if it involved the wonderful design work of Eve Robinson:

I am a big fan of Indian textiles (aspire to own John Robshaw bedding someday) and admire the use of hand-blocked Indian textile samples in this room:

Thom Filicia's lakeside cottage guest bedroom would charm any lucky visitor:

And finally - a master bedroom should be romantic and this one - with the view of the pool and grass - is just divine.

Additional Sources: Domino February 2007, Domino June 2006, House Beautiful August 2002, Apartment Therapy LA.