In thinking about moving in with N, I've become a little nostalgic about my bachelorette-pads. All of my apartments have been very bohemian in nature - full of color (example above), tapestries and completely non-utilitarian knick-knacks. I've made a commitment to sell the little stuff in an effort to maintain the modern minimalism at N's condo, but I cannot live without color and pattern.

If we weren't blowing a wad of cash on a wedding and if we lived in LA, it would be fun to receive a consultation from interior design company, From the Desk of Lola.

I was drawn to their charming site after reading the April 2007 issue of Domino which highlighted Lola as one of "Ten on the Verge". My favorite of their portfolio is this media room, which of course is saturated in color and pattern.

Damask curtains frame the room while a Ligne Roset Togo couch dominates an entire wall. A womb-like space perfect for viewing the latest Netflix selections. I think in a different colorway, N might even approve!

In the words of the Lola ladies: